- Written by Bratislav Stajić
- Category: Aikido articles
- Hits: 1861
The basic principles are written based on a 35-year study of aikido skills, through a large number of trainings and seminars. They are sublimated from practical experience at all levels of use, from work with preschool children to training elite special units.
The principles are much more written and much earlier, but this text is written on the basis of one's own experience, and will be regularly supplemented with the latest, always practically verified information.
The position or position of the body should be such that it gives us the best possible starting position, for rapid movement of the body in any direction, and at the same time an optimal stability that is very difficult to disturb. In a wider sense it also represents an internal state, which allows us to observe our environment and the movements in it (the opponent).
Focused power. Power generated by the concentration of the whole body's power.
Breathing force is created when the feeling, breathing, and rhythm become one.
Disturbing the opponent's balance is a necessary element that enables us to easily apply some technique.
Drawing attention allows us to use the lever or throw without interruption. For this we can use:
- With a puzzling impact at some vital point of the opponent, which aims to reduce the level of reaction of the opponent, we gain sufficient advantage to take the initiative.
- By applying a pain to the opponent by applying a lever by putting a support on some part of the opponent's body, and the other part of the body (some of the joints) is pushed or torsion. And this is in the direction of normal movement of the joint, but more than the normal displacement limit, or in the opposite direction. Pain begins as a warning to the organism so that continuation of movement in this direction can lead to injury. The lobe is performed at the moment when the opponent is in imbalance or in a state of preoccupation with the pain of atemi vase.
Dynamics: Moving in real aikido is one of the most important components of the technique. Basic characteristics: stability, mobility, fluid connection of different types of movement. By the shape of the path, they can be circular (most common), straight-line, and combined. Movement is further complicated by the weighted shifting of the weight, depending on the requirements of the technique and the current state of the mutual relationship of our opponent's body, as well as the circumstances.
- Timeliness is, in fact, our reaction, which must not be premature, nor is it delayed in relation to the movement of the attackers, both at the beginning and during the execution of the technique.
- Harmonization, i.e. adapting to the opponent's attack by using his power against him using some of the aikido technique is very important, but perhaps even the most complex component. The complete movement of our body is adapted to the moment, force and path of attack, so that we can connect it with the path of our movement and technique. As the attack is never the same, we can not apply the same technique.
- Intercepting or preventing attacks is to disable the development of power attacks, preventing the occurrence at the root itself.
- Leaking: Using our opponent's attack and movement, in our favor, is one of the basic characteristics of aikido.
Throwing or Control Technique: Applying some of the many Aikido techniques to take advantage of the direction, direction, intensity and time of attack The final control neutralizes the attacker, ie it disables its shift from the fixed position that we set up using the neutralization techniques.
The final strike is good to apply after controlling or throwing, because it definitely sets us in a superior position in relation to the opponent.
Focus, keeping a close watch on the opponent and after a complete technique (zanshin), increases the concentration to the previous flow of technique, and allows active alertness at a given moment.
Internal Energy (Ki) is created when perfectly balanced we apply together all principles.